Sunday, August 19, 2012

First week of school!

I have officially made it through my first week of school as a teacher!! It was so much fun and I learned so much.  I am so blessed to be at this wonderful school. I LOVE having kids from all over the world.  It does make some things a little harder but overall it is wonderful! I have realized I need to talk slower so some of my ELL students can better understand me. I also need to talk clearer!

Anyway, I have so much to share that I dont know where to start!  I guess I will back track a few days to the TPT sale! I got some wonderful stuff.  I got  Ms. Fultz Community Building Activities.  I am excited to use this in the next couple weeks.

Additionally I bought an owl clipart set from Tracee Orman that I LOVE. It matches my owl and polka dot theme so brilliantly!  (more on that later)


I also purchased the Time Capsule from Fourth and Ten.

I did a much larger version of a time capsule when I was in 5th grade and loved it!  We did part of the activities last week and my kids loved it.  I told them they could bring in a picture or a small item to put in it for the year and they all got excited! We will finish them up and hide them away this week!

Finally, I purchased Super Summer Writing activity from Coffee Kids and Complusive Lists.  I did this with my students and they loved it as well! I had them write 2 paragraphs about their summer and then color, cut, and glue their super hero together.  It was great. I will post them on the walls this week!

(All items should be linked up to TPT now!)

So these are my first legitimate purchases from TPT that were specifically chosen for my classroom. I could not have been more thrilled.  Being on this side of the world has its advantages ;) I got to download my stuff right away because what seemed like no one else was on!

I will wrap this post up with my Sunday Encouragement.  Tomorrow (hopefully) I will post pictures of my classroom and some of the stuff we have done already.  The next day I will post about some dilemmas and questions I have experienced.  And then I hope to share and receive feedback from the new spelling program my school is doing.  Hope you all are enjoying your Sunday.


As teachers I feel like this is very important.  Work for a cause NOT for applause. mmmmm. Makes me think. I like it!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover