Friday, July 13, 2012

Birthdays and cupcakes

I have seen all over pinterest and blogs ideas for birthdays and early preparation for them.  I decided that I wanted to create something as well.  I personally love birthdays (it's is my favorite holiday!).  Anyway, because I love birthdays I want to do something a little special like choosing their favorite candy or something... clearly I haven't thought this part through all the way yet!

Anyway, I was at a yard sale this past spring and found this ah-mazing cupcake! It is HUGE.  So much so that I wanted to show you by including a ruler in the pic! I know super cheesy but can you sense my excitement!  My idea is to put this on the board by the door and write the name of the birthday person and leave it up for the day. Every kid likes to have their name on the board in a positive way right!?!

I also made these fun cards. I'm going to print them on cardstock.  I hope to write a personal note on the back to each student but that might not happen! 


Currently, all I have to do is sign the bottom. And you can too. I also have a candle border on the second page that can be printed on the back of these if you want to write a note as well. Here is the link that will get your copy as well.  Hope it works and hope you like it.  Any comments on it would be wonderful!

What do you do for birthdays? Any advice for a newbie? 

4 comments:

  1. Cuh-uuute Brittany! All the lil{egomaniacs}cherubs certainly do enjoy seeing their name plastered everywhere so they can say "That's me!" Thanks so much for sharing. Love the words "sprinkle"- just makes ya smile!

    ~Christy & Tammy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your comment! It means so much!

      Delete
  2. Currently I give my kids a certificate and a piece of candy for their birthday. I wish I did more! I have to work on that!

    MrsMc
    Buzz! Buzz! Buzz!
    Please join me for my giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm just figuring out what I'm going to give out for birthdays next year too. I'm your newest follower.
    Katie
    I Want to be a Super Teacher

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover