Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Monday Made It...Finally

I have wanted to link up with Tara from 4th Grade Frolics to do a Monday Made It for a long time but since I am moving haven't thought I could participate.  Then, I realized that I could do something digital that was practical for my classroom and traveling and what not.  


So here it goes. I have had this pinned on Pinterest for a super long time.  It is from Laura Candler's management strategies

I wanted to do something similar but want to be able to flip it so that only what we are doing is visible.  This is was what I made.  (I wanted them to be side by side but you get the idea!) I will bind them with 2 rings or something like that.  I know this isn't anything crazy but still something I hope to use in my classroom!



 

I also made this for my bulletin board near the entrance of the room (every school has one of those right!?!)  Anyway, I made these puzzle pieces with a di-cut machine in lots of fun colors.  I laminated them and cut them out again!! 

I couldnt take a picture of all of them but the idea is that they will all be up together in the shape of a puzzle.  I will write each student's name on a piece.  The final piece, the one that is not yet in place (top left corner) will have my name on it and put the whole puzzle together.  

I then made this sign to go with it. I will print it out and laminate it once I get settled!  






The idea for this bulletin board is for the students to know that they have a place in this classroom.  Each of them together make the class whole.  I hope to have an engaging discussion with them about what this means and how we will work together.  

I am very excited about all of these things, especially linking up with Tara!  




9 comments:

  1. Very cute bulletin board! Thanks for sharing!

    Jen
    Lifelong Learning

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Brittany! I am super excited you linked up too!! Love your puzzle pieces and the words that go with it:)) Your blog colors are awesome!! Love it!! Thanks for linking up and hope you can come back next week:))

    4th Grade Frolics

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Tara for hosting this!! Love your blog.

      Delete
  3. Very cute idea for a bulletin board.
    ~April
    The Idea Backpack
    ideabackpack@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your puzzle pieces and the cute words! I am glad I found your blog! I will be a new teacher this year (2nd grade) and love finding other new teachers in the blog world! What grade will you be teaching?

    I can't wait to read more on your blog!

    Ashley
    That's So Second Grade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ashley! I will be teaching 4th grade in Thailand!!

      Delete
  5. I like your bulletin board, I did something similar a few years ago. The students liked finding themselves.

    Jill
    Bubbalulu.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover